Kindred Healthcare RehabCare
Winona, MN, United States
Director of Rehabilitation
Rehabilitation Clinical Leader / Coordinator
Lake Winona Manor
Seeking Experienced Physical Therapist PT, Physical Therapist Assistant PTA, Occupational Therapist OTR, Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant COTA, or Speech Language Pathologist SLP-CCC
The Rehab Clinical Coordinator is responsible for providing a full range of therapy services including assessment and treatment planning (Therapists Only), and therapeutic interventions in an interdisciplinary environment consistent with the position's qualifications, professional practices and ethical standards. This position will also demonstrate accountability for and contribution to program development, quality improvement, problem solving and patient care enhancements in a flexible interdisciplinary fashion.
ESSENTIAL CLINICAL FUNCTIONS:
- Supports clinical program team supervision and development through onsite treatment observation and feedback
- Champion identified Clinical Programs being implemented with therapy team for application and carryover.
- Provides daily clinical leadership to team and responds to any employee exceptions.
- Requests development of team members through structured activities and available resources.
- Contributes to positive client relations through onsite clinical support.
- Participates in care coordination and utilization meetings and activities.
- Coordinate treatment activities, goals and discharge plans between disciplines and team members.
- Champion consistent proactive resident identification culture and activities
- Conducts initial assessments, provides age appropriate therapeutic interventions and documents the course of patient care including progress made and continuing need for treatment.
- Contributes to interdisciplinary care plans.
- Evaluates patient response to treatment and provides feedback to the rest of the team.
- Provides patient and family education on tasks and resources that will assist with continued functional independence.
ESSENTIAL OPERATIONAL/ADMINISTRATIVE FUNCTIONS:
- Reviews and completes Smart alerts daily for assigned sites of service.
- Supports overall ADR/Appeals process.
· Coordination of patient scheduling, daily stand-up meetings, weekly Medicare meetings, clinical meetings, admission/discharge coordination, etc.
- Communicates and demonstrates a professional image/attitude for patients, families, clients, coworkers and others.
- Promotes adherence to policies and practices of applicable professional organizations, client, Kindred Healthcare and RehabCare Group.
- Ability to occasionly travel in the community to meet clients/customers.
- Frequent and prolonged bending, stooping, crouching walking and standing.
- Ability to communicate.
- Provision of own transportation is necessary.
- Approximate time required to travel: Limited
Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K, Life Insurance, Tuition Reimbursement